Friday, December 14, 2007

More school???

I went to college....believe it or not, but I did and I majored in Social Work. Thing is, I kept gettin' pregnant, so I am currently one semester shy of completing my Bachelor's degree. Ok, so why haven't I just put in the work to finish that degree? Well, my husband is a soldier and with that comes many moves, many moves I say. On the one hand I would love to pursue my career so that I have evidence of my accomplishments, but on the other hand I don't think it's fair to my kids to lose one parent for a year and a half every other year and have another parent who is occupied with their own career. I think they deserve to have at least one full-time parent all the time until they are older. I don't really know what older means as far as that's concerned, but I guess I'll know when it gets here. Also, every college I have looked into requires at least 60 credit hours of courses before they will give you a degree with their name on it. With three kids that would take me at least two and a half years to complete. So, I am completely torn over getting my degree. I would love to be able to contribute financially to this household and I think that the extra money would relieve tons of stress in our home, but geez, 2 1/2 more years of school????

No comments: