Monday, December 17, 2007

Sleepy time

I often wonder the thoughts that bounce seemingly aimlessly through my husband's head. I'm not saying that his head is an empty paddle ball court housing random bouncing balls, but sometimes I just wonder where he's been for the last 10 years/10 minutes. The other night the baby woke up and I asked him if he'd go downstairs and make her a small bottle. He sleepily said, "yea, I'll be right back." I was so relieved that I didn't have to get up outta my warm bed and do the deed. I remember him rattling things around downstairs and I remember hearing the fridge door open and close. I then heard him coming upstairs and going into and out of the baby's room. He groggily climbed back into bed, but the baby was still crying. "Where's the baby?" I asked. "Uh, in her bed," he replied. "Well, what about her bottle? I thought you'd bring her to me so I could get her back to sleep," I retorted in a way that could be interpreted as frustration. He then sat up and looked at me in disbelief and snapped, "I took it in there and just slid right over to her!!" At this point I realized that my husband had no idea what he was talking about. So, I got up and went to get the baby. When I went in there she was just sobbing away and her diaper was soaking wet. So, I laid her down to change her and my husband walked in cause the light woke him. He looked at me and said, "Do you want me to go and get her a bottle?"

No comments: